GAS POURS OUT OF VAPOR CANISTER ON P/U IF GAS CAP IS TIGHT ? .

1995 Toyota Pickup

gnusz53

September, 9, 2011 AT 9:44 PM

If I tighten the gas cap down till it clicks Fuel will pour out of the vapor canister lower hose. Stops shortly after loosening cap. Replaced cap with OEM and still does it.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 9, 2011 AT 10:09 PM

Is the tank being overfilled?

gnusz53

September, 14, 2011 AT 10:11 PM

No is not. It happens at all levels and actually seems worse when below 1/2 tank.
I lost orginal cap, replaced with off the shelf and problems seems to have started around that time.I replaced that cap with OEM. I have replaced vapor canister and hope it is not ruined?After fuel ran thru again.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 14, 2011 AT 11:14 PM

There has to be a blockage somewhere. If I can find one, would a schematic of the system be helpful to you?

gnusz53

September, 15, 2011 AT 2:30 AM

I will except any help.I have been unable to find a solution. Haynes book no help.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 15, 2011 AT 2:53 AM

I can't find a schematic for some reason, but while I was looking, I may have found something. The system has an EVAP canister vent solenoid. I can't for the life of me find a picture. If the vent isn't working, it will force gas into the system. There is also a purge solenoid that can do the same. Is any of that listed in your manual?

Try to hang in there. I'm trying. We'll get it figured out/

gnusz53

September, 30, 2011 AT 8:25 PM

Nothing shows, what if? I had a vapor hoses at tank repleced by a MECHANIc? He did not drop the tank could the lines be wrong and cause this problem

Jacobandnickolas

September, 30, 2011 AT 11:13 PM

I don't think it would run if he mixed the lines up.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado