My car was cranking and not starting periodically and I went to replace my spark plugs to try to fix this problem. I used a 5/8'' spark plug socket and all the plugs unscrewed just fine except one. When I removed the spark plug wire it was coated in oil. Then when I placed the socket down the hole to remove the spark plug it wouldn't grip the spark plug. Almost as if it wasn't able to go down far enough. When I pushed downwards and turned in hopes of it attaching to the plug it felt like something was rubbery/squishy down there preventing the socket from going far enough down and surrounding the plug. How do I fix this and what is wrong? Would this cause a car to crank but not start. The car starts fine when it is cold, but if you try to start it 10 minutes after having driven it for a while it won't start. You have to leave it for an hour to cool before it will start again.
have the same problem?
Monday, April 6th, 2015 AT 5:09 PM