PLEASE HELP!!!!

1995 Toyota 4Runner

suzieq352

June, 19, 2011 AT 3:03 PM

Enter your question.I have a 1995 toyota 4runner, it wont start only 1 click. Charge battery, change battery, clean posts, new connectors, checked all fuses, changed starter relay, checked cable from battery to starter, everything good an tight, now batery is being drained from something. I have no wipers, window door lock operation, no radio, or fan. Do have headlghts and door lights. What can I check for? Suzieq352 help!

caradiodoc

June, 19, 2011 AT 5:32 PM

If that one click is rather loud, that is caused by worn solenoid contacts in the starter solenoid. That's common on the little silver Nippendenso starters. The contacts can be replaced for around 20 bucks, but most people just replace the entire starter. This always starts out being intermittent and the starter will crank the engine if you cycle the ignition switch enough times.

As for the non-working items, recheck fuses inside and under the hood, and look for wires that may have broken off from things that were recently handled; battery cables in particular.

suzieq352

June, 28, 2011 AT 6:45 PM

My daughter told me she tryd to start it, it clicked about 5 times thats it. The noise we hear is the door beeping. Cables r good all wires checked and fuses we can see r good. Any other suggestions?It wont even turn over. This vechicle has never had any problems.

caradiodoc

June, 28, 2011 AT 7:42 PM

Do you mean five clicks when turning the ignition switch to "crank" five times, or five clicks all in a row when turning the switch once?

Starter Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Guide