AM I SCREWED? OR CAN IT BE FIXED FOR CHEAP?

1995 Saturn SW2

jimlevan

October, 3, 2012 AT 9:05 PM

I have a 95 saturn sw2 and the window wipers wont shut off. They are constantly in the low position. I can put them in the high position but no intermittent or off. Fluid pump works fine. The rear wiper or pump does not work at( dont know if the two are related).

saturntech9

October, 3, 2012 AT 9:55 PM

Lets start with the front wipers dont turn off sounds like a bad logic on the wiper motor. You would have to replace the wiper motor to fix that. That would be the number one fix for that you would have to do some testing to confirm that was the problem.

jimlevan

October, 12, 2012 AT 5:04 PM

What needs to be tested? As I need to fix this problem very soon and the part I need has to be ordered.

saturntech9

October, 12, 2012 AT 7:27 PM

Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

jimlevan

October, 12, 2012 AT 8:06 PM

Yes, yes I do.

saturntech9

October, 12, 2012 AT 11:25 PM

When the motor wont shut off with the switch off see if the brown wire and the purple wire has a ground to it at the wiper motor. If it they dont bad wiper motor.

saturntech9

October, 12, 2012 AT 11:50 PM

Easier yet unplug the switch see if the motor shuts off?If it doesnt shut off see if those wires are grounded I mentioned testing them at the connector going to switch?If they arent bad wiper motor.

jimlevan

October, 14, 2012 AT 6:31 PM

Ok now when car is turned off and restarted the wipers stay off as soon as switch is activated they stay on. Is this still the motor. And no I have not tested wiring yet.

saturntech9

October, 14, 2012 AT 9:12 PM

Sounds like a motor more then likely it is but to know for sure you need to the tests I gave you to do.

Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes