RAD. COOLING FAN STAYS ON CONSTANTLY WHENEVER KEY IS ON

1995 Saturn SW2

hugh thurston

November, 4, 2011 AT 11:21 PM

Even on start up, to warm up, fan always on

Jacobandnickolas

November, 4, 2011 AT 11:23 PM

Check the fan relay and check the temp sensor. If they are both good, check for shorts to power.

saturntech9

November, 5, 2011 AT 12:12 AM

Just to add to this one the first thing I would inspect is the coolant temp sensor and the connector. That is the most probanly cause on that car.

hugh thurston

November, 5, 2011 AT 1:41 AM

I thank you for this information. Now I just have to find out where these sensors and relays are.

saturntech9

November, 5, 2011 AT 1:52 AM

The fan relay is in the under hood fuse box but would be more concern with the coolant temp sensor and connector. The coolant temp sensor you want is the bottom one with a black wire and a yellow wire going to it. The connector you will be looking at the inside of it looking at the terminals they should be silver not blue or green if there blue or green you will have to replace the connector. To check the coolant temp sensor you will need a multimeter do you have one of those?The sensor is screwed into the head right below where the upper radiator hose goes onto the head.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 5, 2011 AT 1:58 AM

Let us know what you find. And thanks, Saturntech. Great to have you around. Hugh, just fyi, you got the best tech we have for Saturns helping. The guy can figure anything out for you. Do exactly what he says.

Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT