IS MY CAR FIXABLE ?

1995 Pontiac Grand Am

Shadmech

April, 11, 2014 AT 8:24 AM

Ok well basically the car has been sitting up from 2009 and has never been started even up to this very date. However I believe it only had a water pump problem or some over heating problem not sure to be exact. But uhhh I will upload two photos one of how it should be (under the hood) and one of how it is now. I think we do have all the pieces to put it back together. But does it make sense doing so? What do I need to put together first? And or check for?

Jacobandnickolas

April, 11, 2014 AT 8:50 AM

You have more than an overheating or water pump issue. Why is the top of the engine taken apart?

Shadmech

April, 11, 2014 AT 10:55 AM

Yessir I've realized that now. I think it was to get them cleaned an unceased? I would have to ask my mom. Does it make sense to put the engine fan and other parts back together?

Jacobandnickolas

April, 13, 2014 AT 7:15 PM

Without being sure why it was taken apart makes it hard to answer that question. See if you can find out why it was done and let me know. That way I will be more confident in advising you.

Shadmech

April, 13, 2014 AT 7:41 PM

It was taken apart to be cleaned and unceased. We took it to a local mechanic on Eleuthera to put it back together but looks like all he did was nothing. The two cams half to be put back in as well with altinator spark plugs and some gear like pieces. I assume it's apart of some pulley system that the engine runs off. For it needs new spark plugs oil oil filter.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 14, 2014 AT 5:23 AM

"cleaned and unceased" Do you know what was ceased? If it is the engine, it isn't worth trying to fix and you would most likely be better off replacing the engine.

Shadmech

April, 14, 2014 AT 6:10 AM

The engine. We did so because we had the car sitting for 3+ years and didn't start it.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 14, 2014 AT 8:31 AM

If the engine was ceased, you should just replace it. However, just sitting for several usually doesn't cause the engine to cease. If you take a ratchet and place it on the crank pulley, can you turn the engine?

Shadmech

April, 14, 2014 AT 8:47 AM

I cannot say the engine is now disassembled.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX