Having a problem fixing the tachometer on my 95 Pontiac Bonneville. Can you help?

LEISER13
  • 1995 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE

When turning the ignition on the tach has power. I've replaced the interrupter the cam sensor, crank sensor and the dash cluster. I checked all wires going to the ignition module and to the back wall. I don't know where to go with this. I'm thinking its not getting a signal from the module. Or do you have anyother suggestions.

Sunday, November 20th, 2011 AT 2:58 AM

KHLOW2008

The ignition module should send a pulse to the tachometer when engine is runnig. Use a DVOM to check for pulsing voltage at the White wire from the Ignition Module to test if it is sending the signal.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, November 20th, 2011 AT 4:42 AM
LEISER13

Ok replaced the module and we now have a signal coming from the white wire for tach. However still nothing going on with tach. Is there a relay or does the computer send the signle to the tach.

Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 4:07 AM
KHLOW2008

You would need to test the tachometer and if it is bad, the meter cluster would have to be replaced.

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 AT 4:31 PM

Related Instrument Cluster Gauge Tachometer Replace/Remove Questions

Help us by donating