As I was entering the interstate I was.

JAMESCORDILL
  • 1995 OLDSMOBILE ACHIEVA

As I was entering the interstate I was acceleration to get on the car just died no indication of any troubel all dash lights were on tried to restart and it wont fire I checked the fuel rails and have plenty of fuel, I replaced the 3 ign packs and the plate assembly that the ign packs set on still no start. Can u please tell me what else to check?

Sunday, March 10th, 2013 AT 3:46 AM

Is the fuel pressure within the manufacturer's specs? Are you getting a good hot spark to the plugs?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, March 10th, 2013 AT 3:49 AM
JAMESCORDILL

Iam not sure as to the actual fuel pressure all I know is I released the fuel and it went everywhere till it stopped and I didiit agatin to be sure the fuel pump ewas working, and as to the spark I was told that checking for spark with out a special tester would destroy the ign coils

Sunday, March 10th, 2013 AT 3:06 AM

Go to our homepage and follow the directions for checking spark. As long as the plug is grounded, it won't hurt the coil.

Sunday, March 10th, 2013 AT 6:57 PM