HELLO, I HAVE A . LOW PRESSURE WHEN THE ENGINE IS FULLY WARMED UP.

1995 Nissan Quest

Gibbyy

May, 4, 2012 AT 12:05 AM

Hello, I have a 1995 Nissan Quest. Low pressure when the engine is fully warmed up. Oil light comes on and engine lifters clacking. After start up when cold the oil pressure is fine, but the lifters do clack a tiny bit. Oil level is good and filter is new. I removed the oil pan and found allot of sludge in the pan. I removed the oil pump and the oil pump gears appear to be in good shape with no excessive wear. The relief valve and spring seemed to be ok. Do you think it could be the sludge in the pan started to plug up the inlet screen, bad oil pump, or excessive bearing clearances? I am considering replacing the rod bearings and maybe the oil pump. Thanks for the help!

fixitmr

May, 4, 2012 AT 12:44 AM

If expense is not an issue I would clean pan and replace oil pump. And use a high detergent oil.

Gibbyy

May, 4, 2012 AT 1:03 AM

Yes I will Def clean the pan. Why do you recommend replacing the oil pump? Thanks for the reply: )

fixitmr

May, 4, 2012 AT 2:03 AM

Just a suggestion have you taken a rod cap off to check wear? I mean usually with a knocking rod the oil light is not on for engines I have experienced it with. I know on some old chryslers mitsi's the wrong oil filter would make oil pressure 0!

Gibbyy

May, 4, 2012 AT 2:11 AM

Yes I did remove and check a rod bearing. Slight/normal wear but not excessive. The engine had no rod knock at all.

Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
 Oil Change & Filter Ford Explorer 2000-2005
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz