CAR RUNS FINE THEN STARTS TO SPUTTER A BIT AND STALLS

1995 Nissan Altima

bbc_joey

June, 14, 2012 AT 6:50 PM

Time varies sometimes it takes 5 mins other times it takes 40.

The car runs fine, Other than the described problem.
I replaced the Fuel filter(a lot of dirt came back out of it), The distributor cap(It had a crack in it). I was thinking to replace the ignition coil.

It seems to run fine, drives smooth no missing or roughness, UNTIL whatever happens it starts to sputter and hesitate a bit then shuts off I still have power(battery is new also even cleaned off the corrosion) just the engine seems to shut off. It seems to not shut off sometimes when I mash the gas but its only a temporary thing adds a few mins till it happens again.

I took the tubes off the fuel filter and turned my key (not on but turned to start fuel pump) and gas came out so I don't think it's my fuel pump, Though I don't know It could be I'm far from knowledgeable on cars. I've put dry gas in my tank and fuel injection cleaners in my tank in-case it was dirty gas or water in the tank nothing seems to fix it.

bbc_joey

June, 14, 2012 AT 6:52 PM

I also ran the car alot after I changed the filter to make sure the dirt was outta the lines.

June, 14, 2012 AT 7:00 PM

Check the spark plugs. If they are sooty, you could hae a fault with the ECT.
Have you checked for trouble codes?

bbc_joey

June, 14, 2012 AT 7:21 PM

I don't have a way to get the codes, The auto stores around here have computers that hook up to 96 and up nothing for 95. The spark plugs seem to be firing I help them against the motor and could hear them firing, they were dirty themselves around the outside a lil bit as for inside I didn't look.

bbc_joey

June, 14, 2012 AT 11:27 PM

Code 325 I think. Had to have GF watch the lights blink since the CHeck engine light blinks and the screw was on the floor.

I think thats the knock sensor? What is my next step?

June, 15, 2012 AT 5:19 PM

Yes, for Nissan any problem with the knock sensor can rsult in hesitation. It also commonly fails and you need to replace it to rectify.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right