HARD STARTING

1995 Mitsubishi Pajero

Dave Blake

July, 3, 2012 AT 7:28 PM

I took a 2.5 engine out of an old Mitsubishi pickup manual and put it into a Mitsubishi pajero 2.5 auto, after changing all the bits needed including the injection pump so it had the kick down and also the pump matched the brain on the car I have found the engine is very difficult to start when cold but after it starts it runs very well and performs just as well the engine I put in to the Pajero only has 32,000 miles on the clock, at the moment I have added a switch to give it extra heat for starting and although this works it is not the correct procedure I am sure. The glow plugs are new and working ok.
Both engines where 2.5 turbo engines and yes I had to change most of the outside bits of the engine but I am still left with a 32,000 mile engine that runs well but needs to be able to start better.
What can you suggest I need to do or have done wrong please.
Regards,
David Clarke
dapaka@live. Co. Uk

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

mhpautos

July, 4, 2012 AT 12:38 PM

Are all the compressions ok? What do they read?

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement