MY CAR IS FREEZING UP PLEASE SEE DETAILS BELOW.

1995 Mitsubishi Magna

gothix92

October, 3, 2011 AT 1:50 PM

I have a Mitubishi Magna Sedan 1995 V6, I was driving along and without no notice (no lights on dashboard or temperature gauges changing) my car decelerated to the point I was foot to the floor going aroung 40kmph. So I pulled over turned the car off, started car back up and no matter what gear I was in it didn't budge my car had locked up. 1 hour later I could drive it normally. Then surely enough it happened again. What is going on? I cannot find anything online to help me, I also took it to a mechanic and they couldn't see the problem.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:06 PM

Does the engine rev when you place it in neutral? Have you checked for trouble codes?

gothix92

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:08 PM

It wants to go but its like it in "park" its weird.
Codes?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:12 PM

Check the trans fluid to make sure it is clean and tight. Also, if the check engine light has come on, have the computer scanned to identify if there are any trouble codes regarding the transmission.

gothix92

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:17 PM

Transmission fluid is fine. All fluids are fine, I dont have anything to test the computer, would you suggest anything else?

Thank you for your time on my question by the way.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 3, 2011 AT 3:41 PM

The computer should be checked to see if there are codes. There are so many electronic sensors, the TCM. It becomes a guessing game without that.

gothix92

October, 3, 2011 AT 10:53 PM

Thanks mate.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 4, 2011 AT 12:20 AM

Not a problem. Let us know what you find.

Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer