NO START AND NO COMMUNICATION WITH SNAP ON MODIS SCANNER

1995 Mitsubishi Expo

louielewis

December, 28, 2011 AT 8:24 PM

I have a no start on my 1995 mitsubishi expo 2.4l.I have fuel and spark.I have an ignition switch that I have to turn on and off a few times before it works but it still turns over.I also have a snap on scanner ( Modis ) with the correct mitsu-1 adapter and the key7 attatchment but I get a no communication everytime I hook it up. It says obd1 under the hood on the emmisions tag but it has an obd II connector under the dash so I am not sure how to check for codes.I am lost. Please help

rivermikerat

December, 28, 2011 AT 8:31 PM

It sounds as though you have an issue with the ignition switch that needs to be addressed first.

December, 28, 2011 AT 8:31 PM

Check and test the ignition switch, fuel pressure if its within specs and verify the valve and ignition timing-

louielewis

December, 28, 2011 AT 8:48 PM

Would the ignition switch being semi faulty cause the no communication with the scanner? And also a no start? I mean when it turns over it turns over good

rivermikerat

December, 28, 2011 AT 9:02 PM

Yes, it could cause the no start condition. The switch may not be sending the signal to power up the ignition primary circuit.

The no communication issue is probably a loose connector pin or broken wire.

louielewis

December, 28, 2011 AT 11:09 PM

Even if when the ignition switch is rolling over and over it is getting park at the plugs

rivermikerat

December, 28, 2011 AT 11:49 PM

You have engine turning over and spark, but it's not starting?
Check all fuses and relays.

louielewis

December, 29, 2011 AT 9:32 PM

I checked all fuses and relays

rivermikerat

December, 29, 2011 AT 10:12 PM

See images. Test continuity on the lines to and from the data connector.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement