KNOCKS,SMOKES

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse

driftkiller101

October, 6, 2012 AT 2:38 AM

Yes the engine smokes and knocks. It does not want to keep up the rpms at all and when its running its pretty much shaking the whole car and the smoke is coming from the tail pipe

ImpalaSS

October, 6, 2012 AT 4:46 AM

It sounds like you have a blown head gasket. Is the smoke white? Check the oil for antifreeze and the antifreeze for oil. You can also pull some spark plugs and check for water in the cylinders. You can also check AutoZone for OEM/Block Tester Test Fluid. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/OEM-Block-Tester-Test-Fluid/_/N-25dh?itemIdentifier=391381&_requestid=15053549

October, 6, 2012 AT 4:54 AM

SOUNDS LIKE IT'S ABOUT TIME

1) TO REBUILD YOUR ENGINE

IF WE HAVE THE BLUISH/ WHITE SMOKE IT'S PROBABLY EXCESSIVE WEAR ON THE RINGS AND CYLINDERS

IF IT'S SORTA STEAMY WHITE SMOKE, IT COULD BE A BLOWN HEAD GASKET ISSUE

2). OR GET A "REAL" VEHICLE TO DRIVE!

NOTICE HOW QUICKLY THIS GAL ABANDONS THE "TRUCK FELLERS" AND IS A "BLUR" JUMPING IN THE JEEP, WITH THE JEEP FELLER!

THEY MIGHT TAKE YOURS IN AS A TRADE!

I'M REALLY BLESSED.I HAVE TWO!

IF YOU HAVE KEPT UP WITH YOUR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE, YOUR PLUGS. WIRES, AND OTHER GOODIES SHOULD BE IN GOOD SHAPE

IF YOUR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON, HAVE IT "CODED", THIS WOULD BE THE 1st STEP IN DIAGNOSING ANY PROBLEMS.

A COMPRESSION TEST MIGHT TELL YOU IF YOU HAVE A HEAD GASKET PROBLEM.

KEEP US POSTED

driftkiller101

October, 7, 2012 AT 2:03 AM

Well since it needs a rebuild do you know any good ceritfied engines for a low price may under $1000, and it be the 4g63 engine

October, 7, 2012 AT 2:26 AM

I GUESSED AT A "GS" WITH A 2.0L----INSTALL THE CORRECT INFO, IF I WAS WRONG

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_spartan-remanufactured-dodge-engine-spartan-atk-engines_20705621-p?navigationPath=L1*14923%7CL2*15031%7CL3*16033

MAYBE.....MAYBE....A LOCAL AUTO MACHINE SHOP MIGHT BEAT THAT PRICE BY A GOOD BIT......MOST LIKELY NOT UNDER A $1000

LABOR IN AND OUT, WOLD BE EXTRA I'M SURE

THE ONLY OTHER OPTION IS A USED ENGINE FROM AN AUTO SALVAGE YARD, YOU MIGHT NOT GET A "PERFECT ENGINE" EITHER

IF IT'S A KEEPER....REBUILD IT, YOU'LL BE HAPPIER

IF YOU WANNA BE ECSTATIC......THE JEEP OPTION IS WHAT YOU NEED TO GO WITH!

KEEP US INFORMED....I'LL HELP YOU FIND ONE IN "AUTO TRADER" IF YOU COME TO YOUR SENSES!

Oil Change and Filter Dodge Charger
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement