LEAKING POWER STEERING

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante

Beckingsale

May, 1, 2011 AT 12:59 PM

I own a 1995 Mitsubishi Diamante it is leaking power steering fluid from the passengers side. I have to refill the fluid before I can drive it anywhere.

What could be the problem and how can I fix it?

May, 1, 2011 AT 1:30 PM

The power steering gear assy is leaking from the end seals and the only way to get it resolved is to have it rebuilt or replaced.

Beckingsale

May, 1, 2011 AT 4:25 PM

Thank you very much for helping me. Im yr typical car dumb female and was kinda hopeing it was just a seal and would be an easy fix but by the sounds of it its going to b a headache and will have to go into the shop. YES?

May, 1, 2011 AT 4:40 PM

The job is not easy for the DIY mechanic as it requires special tools to rebuild the rack assy.

Replacement would be within the capability of a DIY but if equipped with airbags, care must be taken to avoid damaging the cable reel under the steering wheel.

Since you are not techniclly inclined, I guess the shop is where the vehicle should go for problem to be resolved.

Beckingsale

May, 1, 2011 AT 5:44 PM

Lol Thanks alot for yr insight mate now I know what im up for ill chuck it in the shop today.

May, 2, 2011 AT 1:07 AM

You're welcome.

Have a nice day.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang