MY CAR WONT MOVE AT ALL

1995 Mercury Sable

Simonholm2093@yahoo.se

January, 14, 2013 AT 12:41 AM

My car won't move at all. The engine starts perfectly. The rpm goes up when I push the gas. But the car refuses to move. Can't reverse or drive. I can put any gear in without any problems. Everything seems to work fine just that the car won't move.
I bought is car a couple of month ago. After a month I had to change the starter so it is a new starter in it
Everything worked fine since then just that the car have always been having a problem with driving when the engine is cold. I have to wait like 15 seconds after I start the engine and put R or D in before the car will move at all. I feel a bump in the car then I know the car will move.
But now it will not move at all.
It is a automatic mercury sable 1995.

What can be the problem please help me

Thanks/ Simon

Jacobandnickolas

January, 14, 2013 AT 1:39 AM

Simon, have you checked the fluid to make sure it is clean and full? Have you checked the trans linkage to make sure it is actually shifting? Has the check engine light come on to indicate there is a problem?

Simonholm2093@yahoo.se

January, 14, 2013 AT 3:15 AM

I am not really good with cars so I haven't done anything of is things so far. What should I do first of all?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 14, 2013 AT 3:20 AM

Allow the engine to warm up to operating temp and check the trans fluid level with the engine running and in Park. Let me know what you find.

Simonholm2093@yahoo.se

January, 14, 2013 AT 6:48 AM

Well the stick got nothing on it. It is dry.

The engine stick is also dry, but it got alittle on the end at least

Jacobandnickolas

January, 14, 2013 AT 11:34 AM

Fill the trans up to the full line to see if that helps. Let me know if it helps. Remember, check the level with the engine running, warm, and in park

Simonholm2093@yahoo.se

I just bought transmission fluid. Filled it with 950ml. Still same problem. Nothing happens

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement