I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT MAY BE WRONG WITH MY CAR, AND ABOUT HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO FIX IT.

1995 Lincoln Town Car

cbrown_75

August, 15, 2012 AT 11:06 PM

I have a 1995 Lincoln Town Car that is starting to smoke a bit. The inside of the left tailpipe is chalky feeling and black (not very). The inside of the right side is chalky, but with just a hint of stickiness. The smell of the smoke is like a fuel fume. Everyone says it smells like fuel smoke rather than oil smoke, but these are not mechanics.

August, 15, 2012 AT 11:23 PM

What type of smoke-bluish or black in color?

djcl

August, 16, 2012 AT 12:06 AM

How is the car running? Is the engine light on? Mil on car?

cbrown_75

August, 16, 2012 AT 1:11 AM

Well, the smoke isn't black, I do know. Maybe kind of a bluish-white? The car runs great, but the "check engine" light is on. It has 85k miles.

djcl

August, 16, 2012 AT 7:50 AM

Blue is oil burning. You should check the PVC valve then have a cylinder leak down test done. How does the engine oil look? How much oil do you add between oil changes.

cbrown_75

August, 16, 2012 AT 1:40 PM

I just checked the oil, and it looks very clean; however, it does look about half a quart low. It has been about 1200 miles since my last change.

djcl

August, 16, 2012 AT 2:52 PM

See if you can get a code from the computer.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right