POWER CONTROL MODUEL

1995 Lincoln Continental

jbox1984

December, 19, 2010 AT 2:39 AM

Where is the PCM, and What does it look like, and would it cause the fuel pump not to work. I have replaced the fuel pump distribution moduel, the pump, and double checked the system has power all the way to the pump. If not the pcm, how and where would I find the Ground for the pump, to check and make sure the contact is good for the pump.

BMRFIXIT

December, 19, 2010 AT 3:37 AM

CHECK FOR POWER
PCM GROUND THE RELAY CHECK RELAY OPERATION

Inertia Fuel Shutoff (IFS) Switch
In the event of a collision, the electrical contacts in the inertia fuel shutoff switch (IFS switch) (9341) open and the fuel pump automatically shuts off.

The fuel pump will shut off even if the engine does not stop running. The engine, however, will stop a few seconds after the fuel pump stops.
It is not possible to restart the engine until the inertia fuel shutoff switch is manually reset.
The inertia fuel shutoff switch is located in the luggage compartment on the outboard side of the LH hinge support.
CAUTION: Do not reset the inertia fuel shutoff switch until the complete fuel system has been inspected for leaks.

To reset the inertia fuel shutoff switch, press button on top of switch.

jbox1984

December, 19, 2010 AT 3:53 AM

I have checked to make sure the inertia shut off switch does work, I took it out and made sure I had a closed circite and an open when I shock it. So now I think it is the PCM not allowing the pump to come on. What do you think? I changed the pump, the fuel pump distribution moduel and checked the rest of the system for power and working relays and fuses.

jbox1984

December, 19, 2010 AT 3:54 AM

And where can I find this PCM at. Thanks Justin

BMRFIXIT

December, 19, 2010 AT 12:06 PM

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) On top right side of firewall, under splash shield

WITH KEY ON DO YOU HAVE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON?
IF NOT CHECK AND REPAIR WIRING HARNESS 1ST
-
very rear to see a PCM failure put it is possible
.
I would recheck the wiring harness
black wire at the fuel pump module should have power at all time key on or off
if not REPAIR WIRING HARNESS TO GROUND
PK/BK WIRE SHOULD SUPPLY BATTERY VOLTS FROM THE RELAY
PASSING THROUGH THE INERTIA SWITCH
IF NO POWER CHECK THE RELAY FOR 12 VOLT WITH KEY ON SHOULD HAVE TWO TERMINALS WITH BATTERY POSITIVE
IF HAVE ONLY ONE
CHECK pcm RELAY BESIDE FUEL PUMP RELAY AND OLDER MODEL Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM)In engine compartment, on left side of upper radiator support.