AXL

1995 Lexus ES

getsmakked

December, 1, 2011 AT 5:57 PM

Hi, I replaced front axle assembly and some gear fluid leaked? The job is complete, how and where do I fill gear oil, is that basic engine oil that I pour it in? Or transmission fluid? Looks like oil.

hmac300

December, 1, 2011 AT 6:06 PM

Howmuch leaked? If it was just avery small amount you probably don'tneed any but check it anyhow. Picture enclosed. Plug noted by red arrow

getsmakked

December, 1, 2011 AT 8:10 PM

About half a litre leaked I'm assuming. I would still like to add a bit though. But is it some special gear oil, or normal oil used for engine oil. Also, not really sure where this plug might be, I kind of understand the diagram, I know where the transmission dipstick is, is it near that.

hmac300

December, 1, 2011 AT 8:35 PM

You'll have to reach the plug from under the car. It says in our manual that DEXTRONII is what you use. It takes 0.9 qtor.9L

getsmakked

December, 1, 2011 AT 8:47 PM

Oh ok that helps. Last thing, Is that a dipstick next to that plug so I can check first if I need.

hmac300

December, 1, 2011 AT 8:54 PM

It's a plug not a dipstick, you need to use your finger to check it. If you can feel the oil then you are ok.

Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Service Chevrolet 2500HD
Differential Fluid Level Check
Differential Fluid Drain/Refill
Differential Fluid Service - Front