QUESTIONS IN THE DETAILS

1995 Jeep YJ

rossmiller1

June, 24, 2012 AT 10:41 PM

My 1995 jeep wrangler is having trouble starting. It turns over but doesnt want to completely start in order to drive. I have recently replaced in the the last week new plugs, wires, rotor, distributor, battery, starter, fuel filter, fuel pump, and new temp sensor. I have no other leads to what the starting issue could be. I've been told both possibly the flywheel or a bad coil. I've taken it to a shop and the guys there have worked and couldnt find an answer either. No check engine light is on and a guy at the shop tested the wires to find a spark and was no spark? Any solutions / tips / answers?

rossmiller1

June, 24, 2012 AT 10:42 PM

I have also replaced the coil as well.

June, 24, 2012 AT 10:56 PM

2.5 or 4.0 liter?

rossmiller1

June, 24, 2012 AT 10:59 PM

2.5

June, 25, 2012 AT 12:23 AM

Inspect and test the crankshaft positioning sensor at left side of transmission housing

rossmiller1

June, 25, 2012 AT 12:31 AM

Ok. I have it at a shop getting welding done but if the crankshaft is not the answer do you have any other ideas?

June, 25, 2012 AT 1:16 AM

Go thru the whole entire ignition system-why there's no sparky

Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet