Fuses

CAROLINE
  • 1995 JEEP CHEROKEE
Where is the fuse for the interior lights on a 1995 Jeep Cherokee Ltd please?
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 AT 9:33 AM

Caroline

I'm mostly familiar with Ancient Jeeps

I was able to research and find your Power Distribution Circuit Wire Diagrams. Using only the info you provided at the top of this page.

I can also get some others also, if needed (let me know)

I think your answer is "FUSE 5.15 AMP"(3rd diagram, left side). This is my "interpretation anyway!"

I sorta figured, I was already in my source looking anyway, I might as well grab those 3 diagrams concerning "power distribution" and let you have 'em. Might aid you too (since I really do not know what you need the info for)

I cannot tell if these things are readable until I post 'em, let me know if you cannot see them good, or you need additional info. Please be specific, as to the system you might need, there are lots of diagrams!

Only promise I can make is "I'll Try Hard!"

Your Primitive Jeep Buddy @ 2car,

The Medic
Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 AT 12:17 PM
CAROLINE
Thanks for the diagrams - no idea what they mean! You say Fuse 5 - 15 Amp - is this in the engine bay fuse box, or the fuses under the dash please?

I did find one under the dash, but it seems to be linked to something else aswell. If this is the one that will turn out the Interior Lights - do you know what else this fuse is powering. I have pulled all the interior bulbs out for now - so the problem is solved temporarily.

Thanks again!

Caroline
Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 AT 10:52 AM
No longer have the owners manual?

The diagram says "Fuse Block" (fuses). Other items are in "Relay center" (relays)

The lids for the boxes are probably labeled also

Find 'em?

The Medic
Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 AT 11:26 PM
CAROLINE
Hi, no I bought the Jeep 5 years ago (second-hand) so no owners manual.

The Fuse box in the engine bay has labels in the lid - none of these were labelled 'Interior Lights' - I pulled out one for 'Auxillary Lights', but that wasn't it.

Under the dash there is no lid, however one fuse seems to be possible, but it is linked to something else too, so I don't want to pull it out, as I don't know what else it is controlling!

As I said, I have taken out all the Interior Light Bulbs, so the lights are now not permanently staying on, flattening the battery!

If anyone knows what this fuse also operates - I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Caroline
Thursday, July 28th, 2011 AT 11:04 AM
I will see if I can find additional info!

Does the fuse in question have a number or lettering?

Sounds stupid, I had wanted to see a owners manual for '95 Plymouth Neon that I got a super "Nelsomatic" deal on.

Owner had let it sit in their yard for years. It was covered with tree moss (looked camouflaged), interior was immaculate. Convinced it had a short, since every time they went to drive it, it was dead (they only attempted, once every 6 months!) I gave 'em $250.30 MPG, "Arctic" A/C, has a dent traveling down drivers side doors! What a Deal, didn't really need it, use it for a spare, when we need it.

I like literature! Bought a Repair Manual for it.I'm the type that will read the instructions for a toothpick dispenser, thoroughly, before deploying it on the kitchen counter!

During my ever on-going search, I ran across "Lil Red's" twin at Walmart, talked to the owner, looked at the her owners manual a few minutes. She gave me her address and the manual. I copied it, and took it back to them, the next day (people around here, exhibit that kinda behavior. It still exists, believe it or not!)

Its all in your appearance, presentation, and diplomacy!

Let me know, about the fuse, or send a pic.I hate irritating stuff, probably more than you do!

Think I got "Took" on the Neon?

The Medic
Thursday, July 28th, 2011 AT 1:48 PM