WILL NOT RUN WITH BELTS ON BUT WILL RUN WITHOUT.

1995 Isuzu Rodeo

roushon

October, 8, 2012 AT 1:37 PM

My 1995 isuzu rodeo will run without the belts on but when I put them on it will not? All of the pully's are free I replaced the timing belt and timing is right on

October, 8, 2012 AT 1:56 PM

Something must be seized along the belt routings to cause this. Try installing one belt at a time to see which causes it.

roushon

October, 9, 2012 AT 1:17 AM

I tried that even when you put the first belt on it it does not start and thats the one before you put any of the others on.I was told that it could be a bad harmonic balencer is that true?

roushon

October, 9, 2012 AT 1:20 AM

Because I have taken it off and on at lease three or four times before this time and in order to get it back on you have to hit it.

October, 9, 2012 AT 9:27 AM

Harmonic balancer should not be the cause. The first belt is for the alternator and water pump. Are you sure the alternator or water pump is not seized?

What do you mean by hit it to get it back on?

roushon

October, 9, 2012 AT 1:49 PM

Yes im sure I put brand new waret pump on and alternator. What happen was my uncle was on the interstate headed hm and it just shut down like it lost its power and I have tried everything I know to try. Could it be it hasn't ran hot or anything like that im clueless.

October, 9, 2012 AT 4:39 PM

You lost me there.

Can you explain to me your present situation?

roushon

October, 9, 2012 AT 10:24 PM

What I meant was I have had to take the harmonic balencer off before when I replaced the water pump and timing belt and it ran fine for about five months after that no problems. It just all of a sudden shut down on the interstate and would not start back. So I got it towed hm and went through the timing it was fine but it stated without the belts on. I just dont know why it will not run with them on?

October, 9, 2012 AT 10:29 PM

Ok, so when the belt is installed, the engine would not crank or you are not able to get it started even if it cranks?

roushon

October, 9, 2012 AT 10:37 PM

No it will crank over with the belts on but it wont start its strange because when you remove all therr belts it runs fine but if you try puttin the first belt or any of them on it will not start and run.

October, 9, 2012 AT 10:43 PM

Now that is weird. Which engine do you have?

Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500