I WENT TO WORK IN THE MORNING AND THEN CAME HOME

1995 Honda Prelude

Anonymous

October, 28, 2012 AT 2:04 AM

I went to work in the morning and then came home. Car ran flawlessly both ways. Well later me and my fiance were getting ready to run arrands and the prelude wont turn over. It acts like it wants to but it dsnt start. I know it has plenty of fuel. Also I have to replace the spark plug grommets due to oil in the plug holes. I pulled the plugs cleaned them out and cleaned up any and all oil in tubes and still nothing. After a little bit of trying it stated but then died shortly after. I need help lol thank you

caradiodoc

October, 28, 2012 AT 2:18 AM

If it isn't cranking check the battery and the charging system. Use an inexpensive digital voltmeter to measure the battery voltage with the engine off. It should be 12.6 volts. If it's around 12.2 volts it's good but discharged. Charge it at a slow rate for an hour, then continue on. If you find closer to 11 volts it has a shorted cell and must be replaced. Once the engine is running, measure the battery voltage again. It must be between 13.75 and 14.75 volts. If it is low, suspect the generator.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20