CIVIC ENGINE PERFORMANCE

1995 Honda Del Sol

luisito31

November, 15, 2010 AT 2:36 AM

I am working on a 95 Honda Civic del Sol. This is not the original engine, it was a replacement since the car was stolen and when recovered, there was no engine, hence, the replacement. It idles good but would not rev up, it bogs down when stepping on gas pedal. I have a 10-2 code, IAT sensor problem. Will this sensor affect this problem of not revving up? Checked fuel pressure, 47psi KOEO, 37 psi when KOER.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 15, 2010 AT 2:44 AM

The IAT (intake air temp) sensor really shouldn't be causing this. It sounds like there is an obstruction issue. Have you checked for obstructions in the intake (air) and the exhaust.

luisito31

November, 22, 2010 AT 3:23 AM

Hi, I took out the pre O2 Sensor so that there will be an outlet of the exhause manifold, however, the same problem. When I opened up the throttle, the engine dies or stall. The only DTC code is the IAT Sensor problem. Will the TPS malfunction do this stalling? Your reply is highly appreciated.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 22, 2010 AT 1:21 PM

Yes the TPS could cause it. I wouldn't think the IAT sensor could cause it but you may want to have it checked to be sure. If there are no obstructions, recheck the IAT.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Change