WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN SMOKE IS COMING OUT OF YOU ENGINE OIL CAP AND DIPSTICK?

1995 Honda Civic

apac408

August, 13, 2012 AT 6:24 PM

While driving on the freeway I was doing about 100 I heard a loud pop sound come from my engine and all of a sudden I lost power and my car drifted to the side. I opened up my hood and smoke was coming from the back of the engine and out of the oil dipstick. When I pulled the oil dipstick out I noticed that it was bent at the point where you would say your engine oil is full. Smoke was also coming out of the engine oil cap. When I went to go crank it over after waiting a bit it wanted to start but it just wouldn't catch. Could it be that I cracked, broke, or bent my crankshaft which caused my oil dipstick to be bent.

hmac300

August, 13, 2012 AT 7:19 PM

A cople of things can cause this. A blown head gasket which is filling your crank with pressure it's not supposed to have or as you r dipstick was bent, i'd say you broke a piston or rod is a more likely cause.

Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Accord
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT