CYLINDER 3 MISFIRING OR GOES OUT AFTER GIVING THE ENGINE SOME GAS

1995 Honda Accord

mkirksy3

June, 24, 2012 AT 8:10 PM

1995 honda accord with 95000 miles on it. When I start up the car all the cylinders are working properly. After giving the car some gas or letting it warm up cylinder 3 seems to go out. I have notice that there is some oil on the bottom of the distributor cap. Not to sure where it came from. Would an oil leak in the distributor play apart and one the cylinders misfiring or not working? Please help!

Engine Miss

June, 24, 2012 AT 8:14 PM

Sure will.

Basics, start with a compression test to verify the motor is good.

Check fuel pressure as well.

Check speark when hot to number 3 last. Look for vacuum leaks as well.

mkirksy3

June, 25, 2012 AT 7:22 PM

I did the compression test and all the cylinders even the bad one was around 150PSi. The cylinder is still not firing or misfiring. I took the spark plug out and it was black on the end of it, the other spark plugs was kind of white. There is oil on the bottom of the distributor cap, but no oil inside. Not sure where that leak is coming from. I also changed the fuel injector on that one cylinder. When I first start the car, it idle fine until it heat up to normal temp. Not sure what else to do. Could it be a sensor or something. Maybe computer not responding. I dont know

June, 25, 2012 AT 11:30 PM

Could be an injector or a vacuum leak. They need to be tested to confirm.