95 MOD HOLDEN BARINA SWING: HOW DO I DRAIN THE RADIATOR TO FLUSH AND REPLACE COOLANT

• darrentex
  • 1995 Holden Barina

I can not find a drian plug and both hoses are on top half of radiator

Sunday, November 6th, 2011 AT 2:25 AM

• merlin2021

Un most if not all Ford/Holden engines, the drain is accessed by removing the black plastis sheild under the front of the car, this will expose the draincock on the bottom of the radiator.

Sunday, November 6th, 2011 AT 2:50 PM
  • darrentex

I have removed plasics bumper and bash plate (plactic) no visiabe drain but did locate 2 sensor plugs my guess is either low water or thermo didnt touch them any ideas? Ps the vry bottom of radiator is bolted to a steel cross peice no accsess to bottom of radiator

Monday, November 7th, 2011 AT 8:20 AM
  • merlin2021

Look for Mhpauto he is our Holden guy from down under, I will contact him and see if he knows.

Monday, November 7th, 2011 AT 8:57 AM
  • darrentex

Chears

Monday, November 7th, 2011 AT 8:59 AM
  • mhpautos

Depending on who made the radiator there will be a round drain plug on the L/H side looking from the front, otherwise you can remove the sensor, often the sensor is the easiest to remove, either is not a problem, just use a dab of pipe sealant on the thread and let it go off for about 1/2 hr befor adding coolant, make sure that you flush out the heater core as well.

Monday, November 7th, 2011 AT 11:18 AM