HEATING TEMPERATURE

• HAYSIM
  • 1995 HOLDEN ASTRA

What temperature should the inside dash gauge get to before the cooling fan comes on when car is idling.

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 12:47 AM

• Rivermikerat

Around 195F or so. 91 C

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 1:40 AM
  • HAYSIM

The temperature on this car is getting close to 100 C before the cooling fan comes, what do I need to do to get the cooling fan to come on earlier?

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 5:05 AM
  • Rivermikerat

If nothing has been done to it, I wouldn't worry to much about it. That corresponds to a fairly normal operating temperature, 212 F. Typically, an engine thermostat opens around 195 F/91C. The fan will normally come one within 10-15 F of thermostat opening.

Your vehicle isn't one that's available in the US, so I can't look up exact numbers for it. What I can do is ask my Aussie buddy to peek in and give you his opinion on this.

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 5:41 AM
  • Rasmataz

You can try using a 185deg Stat if you wish and see what happens-Has the coolant temperature sensor been checked cold and hot?

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 6:42 AM

Other Instrument Cluster Gauge Engine Temperature Questions