IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH ENGINE POWER AND FUEL ...

1995 GMC Yukon

I-r-welder81

March, 29, 2013 AT 7:09 PM

I'm having problems with engine power and fuel consumption on my 95 Yukon 5.7L. It starts fine. Idles fine. But when I'm on the hwy or going up hills (any size) I have no power to accelerate. The engine bogs down like its flooding. I've changed the rotator, cap, plugs and wires. Also EGR and EGR Solenoid. My concern is the injectors. The look to be squirting not spraying fuel. The exhaust smells badly of un burnt gas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

March, 29, 2013 AT 7:12 PM

When the engine is trying to bog, does the tranny downshift? If not, downshift manually, see if it helps.

March, 29, 2013 AT 7:22 PM

I got in too big a hurry. Use a gage and check for correct fuel pressure. How long since a tune-up? 02 sensors are part of a tune-up. Because 95 is a cross-over year, you may have a hybrid datalink connector, so checking codes might be a pain without proper equipment.

I-r-welder81

April, 1, 2013 AT 7:03 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I did a tune up this week. Changed all distributor parts, plugs and wires. Egr and selinoid. No codes come up. And yes the tranny downshifts fine. The injectors seem to spray a lot of fuel. So much that fuel droplets form above the throttle plate. Is that normal? Hope this info helps.

April, 1, 2013 AT 9:44 PM

Are the injectors leaking? You can check 02 sensor signal reading. Check at the pcm between sensor signal and ground. Use a digital multimeter set on mv/millivolts.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Nitro