350 GAS AUTOMATIC TRANS STARTS AND IDLES AS SOON...

1995 GMC C1500

moetruck

February, 17, 2013 AT 1:00 AM

350 gas automatic trans starts and idles as soon as you give it gas to go down road it stumbles loses power and randomly misses. Sometimes you can feather the gas and it will stay running but no power replaced cap rotor distrib fuel pump knock sensor tested ign module ok at store throttlle pos sensor ok all grounds were cleaned injectors have good spray pattern in tb compession is 120 across all cyl computer has hypertech chip in it there was a kill switch wired in byprevious owner due to a elect drain so all power can be shut off seems to be working ok. Ran out of things to try

Jacobandnickolas

February, 17, 2013 AT 1:35 AM

Do you have the original chip that came with the vehicle? The hypertech chip has me concerned. You have done most everything. Did you have the crank sensor.

moetruck

February, 17, 2013 AT 1:17 PM

There is no cam or crank sensor on this model. The original prom or chip was not with the truck

Jacobandnickolas

February, 17, 2013 AT 11:13 PM

My concern is that the prom you have may be causing the problem.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado