REPLACE AIR AND HEAT CONTROL

• gatsbyd
  • 1995 Geo Tracker

Trying to replace a Air and Heat Control mechanism in 1995 Geo tracker. Got a new one. But can't figure out how to remove the old one. Any Ideas?

How to remove old one?

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 9:22 PM

• hmac300

Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove ash tray. Remove heater control panel knobs. Remove heater control panel front plate and illumination bulb from instrument panel. Remove center console bezel. Remove 2
hinge pins and glove box door. Disconnect blower switch connector. Remove blower speed selector switch from heater control panel. To install, reverse removal procedure.

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 10:50 PM
  • gatsbyd

Thank you. But your answer ends with "switch fro". And I can't read the rest.

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 12:15 AM
  • gatsbyd

In addition to not being able to see the rest of the message.I also posted a pic of the mechanism. Wondering what the three wires (highlighted by the arrows are for)? Thanks

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 1:22 PM
  • hmac300

It just says to remove switch from panel which you arent doing it looks like then reverse procedure for install. Sorry for the mixup pic included of where cables go. Harness plugds ro resistor on right side of dash

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 2:45 PM