FRONT END SHAKES

1995 Ford Thunderbird

2CarPros-Archives

1995 Ford Thunderbird mileage: 133,000. Since I bought this car in January 1996, I've had nothing but trouble with the front end. I've taken the car to various professionals and not a one of them have been able to fix my problem. The trouble is when driving after a few moments the front end has what I call a steering vibration and the car pulls a little to the right and also feels as though it is going to shake apart. Just yesterday, I had the rotors and brake pads replaced to no avail. It still shakes! I have talked to several people that have the same model car and they all have the same problem. By the way, I have anti-lock brakes. The car will shake and shimmy every few minutes when driving, when it starts to shake I will let off the gas and that seems to help a little. Could my problem be in the steering column or is it the brakes? I don't know too much about car repairs but I do know when something is wrong. Another thing when the car starts to vibrate no warning lights of any kind come on.

2CarPros-Archives

We believe your transmission may be ready for service. Replacing the filter and fluid may correct the problem. It is possible be the transmission fluid is breaking down prematurely due to insufficient cooling which would cause the vibration within the transmission.

Ford Man

This sounds like either the torque converter is loose on the flex plate, or the drive shaft is out of balance. I lean more towards the drive shaft balance being the problem.

Ford Man in Michigan

Replace Tie Rod End
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda