WATER/ANTI-FREEZE FLUID LEAKING FROM LOWER FIREWALL

1995 Ford Taurus

lilduke

December, 15, 2010 AT 6:08 AM

I have a 1995 Ford Taurus with a 3.8 engine. I have water/anti-freeze fluid leaking from the bottom firewall about a foot below from where the hoses attach to the heater core. What do you think can be leaking water/antifreeze fluid?

The fluid is not leaking inside of my car so I'm not sure that its the heater core. The fluid is coming from the fire wall though. When driving I can smell anti-freeze fluid, but Im not completely sure where its coming from. I recently drove my car and the fluid is not leaking as much as it did when this first started, and I did refilled my cooling system before I drove.

mhpautos

December, 15, 2010 AT 7:21 AM

Have the cooling system pressure tested, if it is coming from the A/c drain tube, your heater core could be leaking, regardless a pressure test will locate any external coolant leak, start here.

lilduke

December, 16, 2010 AT 6:50 PM

Thank you so much. The pressure test will definately work, but I'm going to go on and change out my heater core since I have done every minor thing possible to get heat in my car.

Wrenchtech

December, 20, 2010 AT 9:48 PM

If you think that heater core is a minor job, you're going to be in for a big shock. The entire dash has to be removed and then the entire HVAC housing has to be removed and disassembled.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet