MY TRUCK HAS THE 5

• Scratchmark
  • 1995 FORD F-350

My truck has the 5.8 dual tanks 5 speed.A few months ago the check engine light started coming on and going off at will. When its on, the truck runs rough and it will only accelerate with slight pedal pressure. When under a load or heavy pedal, it staggers and wants to fall on its face. But when the light goes out, it runs great. Well now it wanst to stay on all the time. Its also hard to start once its been setting for a while. I've replaced the fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, both fuel pumps and the ignition switch. Also when the light is on, the fuel pumps run constantly. On a side note, a few weeks ago my temp gauge needle stays all the way past the hot mark but may jump over to where it should be while going down the road, but when the key is turned off, the needle goes to the right instead of the left like it should. Any ideas?

Saturday, February 9th, 2013 AT 11:59 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Lets start with basics. What are the codes for the light?

Sunday, February 10th, 2013 AT 1:57 AM
  • Scratchmark

I havent run the codes because everyone I take it to says they cant run a 95 model because it needs the obd 1, but my other symptom( if I didnt already mention it) is that the temperature gauge stays all the way past the hot mark. So one thought was the temep sensor behind the waterneck. Am I on the right track?

Sunday, February 10th, 2013 AT 2:24 AM
  • Scratchmark

Ok got codes 116 then 114

Sunday, February 10th, 2013 AT 3:51 PM