SUSPENSION LIFT QUESTION

1995 Ford F-150

Swenson

Hi I have a 95 f150 and I bought add a leafs for the back and bigger springs for the front and the front barely even went up at all. Someone told me to get drop brackets for the front axels and a drop pitman arm and thats all I would need. Is this correct or would I need to buy radius arm drop brackets also? Thanks

caradiodoc

January, 10, 2012 AT 12:14 AM

Which type of front axle do you have? Regardless how you modify the ride height, you are going to have huge handling and tire wear problems. The only acceptable reason to replace or modify anything is to get the vehicle back to its design height. As a former suspension and alignment specialist and as a former instructor, I never got involved with any type of aftermarket height-altering schemes or the resulting legal ramifications. Lawyers and insurance investigators just love to find these types of modifications. I can describe a huge list of things that will result from changing the ride height. You might be able to address a couple of them, but you'll be changing the geometry that was carefully designed in at the factory. Ford has WAY more than their share of tire wear and handling problems right from the start. There's no need to compound the problems.

Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda