MY STARTER WILL NOT TURN OVER

1995 Ford Escort

Gary Teaford

October, 10, 2012 AT 8:11 AM

I have a 1995 ford escort and the motor wont start or even turn over. I have a new battery and had my starter check out at auto zone and its fine. When I try to start car, I hear a little something from the starter but it wont turn engain. Tried to get tested my EDIS module but they cant. What else can I try.

October, 10, 2012 AT 8:40 AM

What do you hear from the starter? Just a clicking noise, rattling or what?

matttyw20

October, 10, 2012 AT 2:31 PM

Make sure connection on battery is good if you have power inside the car and starter wont turn then it sounds like the starters bad

matttyw20

October, 10, 2012 AT 2:34 PM

If confident the starters good then trace wires that are going to the starter and check for breaks

Gary Teaford

October, 10, 2012 AT 10:09 PM

The starter makes a slow wineing sound, like its not get enough power to ingage starter. Today we ran a wire stright from battery to starter. No Dif. Did hear a click sound from EDIS

October, 10, 2012 AT 10:13 PM

Weak battery, bad starter motor, poor cable connections or ground circuit are possible causes of the symptoms described. Bench test are not conclusive for starter motors. Try a jump start to see if it works.

corygiacoletto

I also am having the same problem. And I am going to run the wire to wire from the starter to the battery which side do I need to hook the cable to the positive or neg. Side I believe its the positive side please let me know as soon as you get this thanks
Cory.

Running a wire for cranking would mean battery voltage, positive side.

corygiacoletto

I ran the wire to the battery and still nothing. No noise nothing is happening as far as the starter. I hear the fuel pump starting the fan moving but nothing with the starter. I have changed the starter the power battery on the starter and tried by passing the neturial safety switch. Please help.

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide