GETTING READY TO BUY

1995 Eagle Talon

bigdaddy44887

October, 19, 2011 AT 7:05 PM

I am getting ready to buy a 1995 eagle talon I have not looked at the car yet I can get it cheap because the guy said it needs s new pulley cords for steering wheel he said there is no steering at all. Now I have been working on cars for 10 years and never heard of this I heard of a power steering belt but never a cord I asked him and he said there is no steering at all I asked him where he got this info at and he said some one from a auto shop looked at it for him and said it would be 400 dollars to replace and they told him the cord broke for the steering is this true or could he be confussing it with a belt from the power steering pump

caradiodoc

October, 26, 2011 AT 10:06 PM

It sounds like they might be referring to a flexible cable coupling in the middle of the steering column. Usually they use universal joints that can't completely separate even if they break, but I'd hardly call that a "cord".

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement