95 DISTRIBUTOR

1995 Chrysler Cirrus

montgomery820

March, 21, 2011 AT 3:58 AM

I have a unique situation. I have a 95 chrysler cirrus with a 2.5L. I know I have a bad distributor. I took it off, changed the timing belt, set the timing, put it all back together and you'll never believe it, my distributor is gone! I know there are 2 different size distributors for that car. I heard that I could take the VIN to the dealer and they could tell me which one to get. The situation couldnt be that easy. The engine in my car is not the original engine. Therefore, the engine doesnt mach the VIN. Is there any other way to determine which distributor I need? Is there a marking on the engine that would help me figure out what to do? Thanks, Michael

saturntech9

March, 21, 2011 AT 5:01 AM

Since you saw what your old distributor looked like here's what I would do go to www. Rockauto. Com select your car in the catalog and they show picture's of both distributor's let me know what you find.

montgomery820

March, 21, 2011 AT 5:14 AM

I have seen the distributor. The difference between the two is the rotor cam size. The larger one is.526 of an inch and the small one is.475 of an inch. I wouldnt be able to tell with them being so close in size.

saturntech9

March, 21, 2011 AT 5:41 AM

Do you have an old rotor from the distributor?

montgomery820

March, 21, 2011 AT 5:45 AM

No I dont have it either. I believe my wife threw it away. I had the distributor with the cap and rotor in a box. She denies it. Do you have any other idea's?

saturntech9

March, 21, 2011 AT 5:57 AM

The engine identification number is located on the rear of the cylinder block just below the cylinder head.I posted a diagram of where it is copy it down and you should be able to figure out which distributor you need. Your best bet would probably be to go aftermarket after you figure out which one you need. It's going to be really expensive from the dealer. Let me know what you find.

Replace Ignition Distributor
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma