SQUEALING NEAR TORQUE CONVERTER ON CHEVY TRUCK

• giiufh
  • 1995 Chevrolet Truck

My 1995 Chevy K1500 has a loud squeal from by the torque converter once it warms up. While squeling, if I pull the oil fill cap, vacuum is released and squealing stops. Put the cap back on, it builds vacuum and squeals again. Replaced PCV valves, no change. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 7:44 PM

• ASEMaster6371

How much pressure is coming out the valve cover? Excessive crankcase pressure comes from blow by from the piston rings

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 7:59 PM
  • giiufh

Dont have a way to measure. It is not pressure but excessive vacuum. Motor only has about 40,000 miles on it. Was a crate engine from GM. Runs great just squeals loudly. Seen this same question numerous times on internet but no answers. Thanks

Friday, October 14th, 2011 AT 2:23 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Without us seeing it and hearing it, it is very difficult. If you say the noise stops when you take off the oil fill cap. And you say it is a vacuum, you may have a bad intake manifild gasket creating excessive vacuum into the crank case and you hear it from the rear main.

Friday, October 14th, 2011 AT 2:41 PM
  • giiufh

I believe you have the best answer I have found yet. It is coming from the rear main area. I appreciate this greatly.

Friday, October 14th, 2011 AT 3:11 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Good luck

Friday, October 14th, 2011 AT 3:50 PM