SQUEALING NEAR TORQUE CONVERTER ON CHEVY

1995 Chevrolet Truck

giiufh

October, 13, 2011 AT 7:44 PM

My 1995 Chevy K1500 has a loud squeal from by the torque converter once it warms up. While squeling, if I pull the oil fill cap, vacuum is released and squealing stops. Put the cap back on, it builds vacuum and squeals again. Replaced PCV valves, no change. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

October, 13, 2011 AT 7:59 PM

How much pressure is coming out the valve cover? Excessive crankcase pressure comes from blow by from the piston rings

giiufh

October, 14, 2011 AT 2:23 PM

Dont have a way to measure. It is not pressure but excessive vacuum. Motor only has about 40,000 miles on it. Was a crate engine from GM. Runs great just squeals loudly. Seen this same question numerous times on internet but no answers. Thanks

October, 14, 2011 AT 2:41 PM

Without us seeing it and hearing it, it is very difficult. If you say the noise stops when you take off the oil fill cap. And you say it is a vacuum, you may have a bad intake manifild gasket creating excessive vacuum into the crank case and you hear it from the rear main.

giiufh

October, 14, 2011 AT 3:11 PM

I believe you have the best answer I have found yet. It is coming from the rear main area. I appreciate this greatly.

October, 14, 2011 AT 3:50 PM

Good luck

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250