WHY IS MY TRUCK IDLING SO HIGH

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe

edavis2012

It is at 1500 rpm after the replacement of egr valve, iac connector and valve also the throttle position sensor when I turn the truck on it idles below 1k rpm for about 10 seconds then the rpms increase to 1500 rpm and thats where it remains once the engine heats up

Try cleaning the IACV/TB and check the TPS closed and WOT voltages-start here

Docfixit

Maybe vacuum leak was throttle plate cleaned? Was high idle problem before parts replacement? Check engine light on? Do you have acess to a scanner?

edavis2012

I check for leaks with carb cleaner and listened for changes in idle speed, nothing, my check engine light only comes on when the truck is in gear at a stop. I thought it might be my tps so I tested and replaced it. I have left my battery unplugged for a half hour to reset the ecm after I replaced my egr valve, iacv and connector and tps.

It probably has to relearn the idle speed due to battery disconnection-scan the computer for code/s

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars