WHEN STARTING THE STARTER GETS KICKED BACK

1995 Chevrolet Suburban

ShinRay

December, 11, 2012 AT 7:31 PM

When starting the starter gets kicked back. I have replaced the timing chain, timing is set (yes with the connector under the dash disconnected), it was running pretty rough for a while but I replaced the cap, rotor, wires, plugs, and coil as somewhere in there a problem was causing a lot of corrosion build up (i think when the previous owner changed the spark timing in order to compensate for the timing chain being so stretched. The truck still has a slight misfire, but the problem is the starter kick back its already taken out 2 starters on me, luckily I have the lifetime warranty but replacing it every other week is getting annoying.

Docfixit

December, 11, 2012 AT 7:36 PM

Is starter properly shimed?

ShinRay

December, 11, 2012 AT 8:09 PM

I have shimned and unshimmed and double shimmed. Still does it no matter how its shimmed but it does make a big difference on starter rpm.

Docfixit

December, 11, 2012 AT 9:23 PM

Bend peper clip ues as pinion guage disconnect battery from starter jumper wire from BATT POS to solenoid terminal pinino will engage flywheel shim so paper clip fits between pinion and fly wheel teeth

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet