PCM NEED TO BE FLASHED

1995 Chevrolet Impala

rexbam

September, 20, 2012 AT 11:17 PM

I have a 95 impala ss and believe I'm having a PCM problem. I got one from the junk yard and of course got nothing. Would I need to get one flashed or how can I tell that I need a new PCM I have a all brand new spark system but getting no spark.

September, 20, 2012 AT 11:32 PM

Which engine do you have?
Why do you think it is the PCM that is faulty?

No spark conditions are usually from the crankposition, distributor (if equipped), ignition coil or even mechnical failure.

rexbam

September, 21, 2012 AT 3:43 PM

V8 5.7l I have replaced the icm the coil the wires the distributor spark plugs every thing I think its electrical. A while back my pcm/ign fuse blew while I was driving it after I picked up from the trans shop for repair. It turns over but wont start. So I figure I have a bad electrical wire some where or my pcm is acting faulty cause im getting fuel and air but still no spark off my coil its a 1995 impala ss. The one coil sparks the distributor so with that being said the distributor isnt recieving in order to give.

September, 21, 2012 AT 9:05 PM

The PCM is a plug and play whereby does not need any flashing.

Disconnect the tachometer wire and test if you have any sparks.

The fuse is linked to ignition coil, PCM and also Elecronic Brake Control Module and any of these or a shorting in their wiring circuit can cause the fuse to blow.