ENGINE WILL NOT TURN BUT ELECTRONICS AND ...

1995 Chevrolet Impala

Anonymous

February, 6, 2013 AT 12:33 AM

Engine will not turn, but electronics and lighting still come on inside the car when key turned in ignition. Got a jump and it started right away. Is this a battery problem or an ignition issue? (Battery is approx. 5 years old - Optima Red 34/78)

Also, looking through batteries online. Looking to replace that Red 34/78 but also saw that the Yellow Top recharges faster. I work 5 minutes from home and am running 2 speakers and a deck off of the battery (other speakers and subs off amps). Thinking that the short period of time I drive my car is not allowing my battery the correct amount of time to properly recharge.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Jacobandnickolas

February, 6, 2013 AT 2:19 AM

Gary, it if won't turn over, the first thing I would check is the battery. Remove it and take it to a parts store and have them load test it. Then you will know if it is good or not.

Since you drive such a short distance, I would recommend (if you can find one) to get the battery that has a quicker recharge time.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe