HOW TO REPLACE A WINDOW LIFT MOTOR ON A 95

1995 Chevrolet Corsica

Sarah B

March, 25, 2012 AT 8:11 PM

What do I need to know when replacing a power window motor for my '95 Corsica?

March, 25, 2012 AT 8:18 PM

WINDOW MOTOR
Removal
Raise window to full up position and secure in place. Remove door panel covering and insulator. Window may be disengaged from regulator and removed from vehicle. If motor is held to door and regulator with nuts and bolts, remove nuts and bolts as necessary.
If motor is held to door and regulator with rivets, punch out center of regulator-to-door rivets and drill out rivets using a 1/4" drill bit. Disconnect window from regulator.
Move regulator and motor assembly rearward to access motor-to-regulator rivets. Punch out center of motor-to-regulator rivets and drill out rivets using a 3/16" drill bit. On all models, disconnect electrical connector and remove motor from door.

hmac300

March, 25, 2012 AT 8:18 PM

That pw motor may be riveted in place so you will eneed to remove the rivets and have a large rivet gun to replace it. Or if you have a lrge air rivet gun that will work as well. Some may have bolts. You will need to remove the door panel then the window from the motor assy as that will have the regulator with it.

Window Glass Broken? Replace it Fast
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation