Theft light stays flashing

ANDO
  • 1995 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
Replaced computer, car starts then dies right away
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 11:06 PM

WRENCHTECH
The new computer has to relearn the security codes.

Disconnect the battery and hold the cables together for about 30 seconds then reconnect the cables before performing the procedure. Read it carefully if done incorrectly it won't work. If it helps let me know.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
Important
The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password).
With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 11:22 PM
WRENCHTECH
I forgot to ask but has your new PCM been flashed yet?
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 11:24 PM
CADIEMAN
Y did you replace the cpu?If for the security lights on I would have tested the ohms reading on the key. Then insert the key in the cylinder. Then youll see a orange harness with 2 white wires. Go to the connecter at the base of the steering column. Read the ohms reading at the connecter on the 2 white wires. It should read the same as the key. Or you will need to replace the key cyl. To repair
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 11:29 PM
WRENCHTECH
This is a Passlock system. It doesn't even have resisters in the keys.
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 11:34 PM