I HAVE A 1995 CHEVY ASTRO VAN THAT LEAKS WATER ...

1995 Chevrolet Astro

Anonymous

October, 31, 2012 AT 4:54 PM

I have a 1995 Chevy Astro van that leaks water from the inside every time it rains. I had the windshield replaced, but it didn't solve the problem. Several months back I had water collecting somewhere around the back hatch. Every time I would open the hatch after it had rained, I would get a wall of water dumped on my head! It hasn't done that in months, but now I have water coming down from where the headliner meets the windshield. I have gone around the van to check the rubber seals around the doors and hatch, but everything looks fine. Has anybody else had this problem, or know what it could be?

hmac300

November, 1, 2012 AT 1:28 PM

Look for rust around there and it could be that there wasn't enough sealer placedin windshield when reinstalled. Best way to check seals is to place a dollar bill there and close door if you feel drag then they are ok.

Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner