CADILLAC ABS / TRACTION DISABLED

• genejr1971
  • 1995 Cadillac SLS
  • automatic

I have a 1995 Cadillac SLS. Changed the brake pads. Now ABS light is on, command center says "Traction Disabled" and gives a P037 ( left front speed sensor circuit ) code. How do I fix this?

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 AT 8:29 PM

• fixitmr

You inadvertantly did something to the sensor on that wheel. Inspect it and wiring and replace if necessary.

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 AT 8:36 PM
  • genejr1971

Thanks for your reply. That's what I was afraid of. I just took the wheel back off and inspected what is readily available. It is all fine. I guess I will have to take apart the hub & get to the sensor itself. Thanks & blessings! Gene & Marah

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 AT 8:52 PM
  • fixitmr

May be as simple as you bent its bracket out of proper alignment.

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 AT 9:13 PM
  • genejr1971

Thanks for the help. I don't have a clue how I would know if I did that or where proper alignment would be. : )

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 AT 9:16 PM
  • fixitmr

Or you pulled on wire and broke connection internally? Check for resistance with pocket ohm tester. The blue cover on wheel bearing can be pried up and off with wood chisel and the wiring repaired.

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 AT 9:30 PM
  • fixitmr

Sorry, that alignment thing was a generic statement and might not apply to your car. Like you stated, your sensor is on bearing assembly. Test for open circuit at plug and repair as I described or replace. Whenever I do bad wheel bearings I pry off the sensors and save them.

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 AT 9:38 PM
  • genejr1971

Thanks so much for the clarification and for all your help. I feel confident you have me pointed in the right direction. I have ordered a new sensor and connector. I think I'll go ahead and replace the whole thing. Can't hurt to have a new one on there after 130K miles. It's really a great car and worth the small investment. The only frustrating thing is not knowing where to start. You've got that taken care of for me. Thanks so much!

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 AT 9:46 PM