I NOTICED MY BRAKE LIGHTS ARNT WORKING

1995 Buick Skylark

brianemmer

March, 13, 2013 AT 1:04 AM

I noticed my brake lights arnt working. I have power to the run lights (they work as well as the turn signals) I checked the relay its good even swapped for good measure. Next I looked at the brake switch replaced that cuz the old one looked a lil worn inside. That didnt fix it. I dont have power on the yellow wire in the back which I figure is the brake lights because I have power to the other wires besides the ground wire. I have traced the wire to go along the door panels. Now on the brake switch I have 2 connectors one has 2 wires and the other 4 wires the 2 wire one has what seems a ground and im guessing a neutral, the 4 wire connector has all power with one switch wire power. Power goes out when pedal is pushed. Anything im missing? Can I run for test purposes a wire from the switch to the brake lights? Is this a common problem and if so where is the brake in the wire or problem ussally?

mhpautos

March, 13, 2013 AT 1:06 AM

Check for power at the brake light globe first and if ok check the earth feed next start here.

brianemmer

March, 13, 2013 AT 1:13 AM

I checked power there first I have nothing on the yellow wire if I turn on the run lights I have power at on the brown wire. I also checked the ground and it has a good ground.

brianemmer

March, 13, 2013 AT 2:00 AM

There is 5 wires coming in 2 yello 2 brown and 1 black 2 yellow dont have power at all. 2 brown have power only when running lights are on. Black wire is ground.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz