HELLOI WAS WONDERING IF I COULD GET THE WIRING ...

• heatherolson
  • 1995 Buick Riviera

I was wondering if I could get the wiring diagram for the headlights to the headlight switch in the car? I can't find one anywhere.

It is a 1995 Riviera with a floor shifter if that helps. Thank you!

Thank you!

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 3:44 AM

• heatherolson

The low beams quit working today, but the high beams still work. I just need the wiring diagram for troubleshooting. Thank you!

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 3:47 AM
  • saturntech9

With daytime running lights or twilight sentinel or without?

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 4:16 AM
  • heatherolson

My Uncle bought it used like 2 days ago, sorry. Is there a way to tell which one it would be? I don't think running lights kicked on automatically at all that I know of as of yet. Would the running lights come on automatically with this model?

Thank you!

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 4:20 AM
  • saturntech9

Do. You have the head lights lighting up during the day?Or the head light switch has a delay control position etc other then the on off position?

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 4:59 AM
  • heatherolson

No, it doesn't have a dealy control position and the headlights don't run during the day at all. The headlights are always off unless you manually turn them on. Hope this helps and thank you for helping me! :)

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 5:06 AM
  • saturntech9

Alright at the low beam bulbs the black wire should have 2 ohms or less to ground?With the low beams on the tan wires to the low beam bulbs should have battery voltage?

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 5:14 AM
  • heatherolson

I can find out on Saturday I will be going back out to his house and I will bring a voltmeter. Tan wires are the lowbeam wires? Thought black was the ground? Really hoping for a wiring diagram to try to isolate the cause instead of throwing parts at it.

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 5:25 AM
  • saturntech9

Where not throwing parts at anything were testing right now yes the black wire to the low beams is ground thats why I said it should be 2 ohms or less to ground also the tan wire has battery voltage to the low beam bulbs with the low beams on.I will do my best to get you a wire diagram but when I try to post it you wont be able to read it.I cant blow up the whole wire diagram. Just parts of it.

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 5:37 AM
  • heatherolson

Sorry, I wasn't implying that you were suggesting that we throw parts at something. I asked a question on here before and some guy replied and diagnosed me wrong 3 times and I had to spend over $200.00 that I didn't need to. I just didn't want that to happen again so that is why I just wanted the wiring diagram- my apologies if I sounded that way- that wasn't my intention. Do you know if the blinker stick (combination switch) is before or after the headlight switch in the path to the low beam?

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 5:44 AM
  • saturntech9

Theres some wire diagram.

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 AT 5:45 AM