BRAKES

1995 Acura Integra

cdlj318

April, 25, 2011 AT 2:13 AM

I'm not getting any brake fluid to my calipers I replaced the mc and prop valve what am I doing wrong? What steps should I take to solve this problem? Thank u, 95 integra without abs

caradiodoc

April, 25, 2011 AT 2:27 PM

What are the symptoms? Are you trying to bleed the brakes or just trying to get them to apply?

cdlj318

April, 25, 2011 AT 9:27 PM

Both I just put the whole car together, so I'm bleeding the brakes and no fluid are coming out causing me to have no brake, no fluids are leaking from any where the mc is full, is ita bad prop valve?

caradiodoc

April, 26, 2011 AT 12:59 AM

Oh. Does the fluid level go down after you pump the brake pedal a bunch of times? If it does, it just takes a lot of time to fill the steel lines.

If the fluid level is not going down the fluid may be simply getting pulled back up each time you release the brake pedal. The easiest way to solve that is by having a helper hold his finger over the end of the opened bleeder screw to form a check valve. When you push the brake pedal down, a little air will push past his finger, then his finger will prevent that air from being drawn back in when you release the pedal. Each time you stroke the pedal a little more fluid will replace the air in the line. Open just one bleeder screw at a time.

Normally you only have to "irritate" the brake pedal a few times to convince the fluid to start flowing but that won't work if the cap is still tightly sealed on the reservoir. That will cause vacuum to build up as the fluid tries to leave. That vacuum will keep pulling the fluid back up.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy